Sunday, May 29, 2011

Home Decor Projects

A few weeks ago, I accidentally put together this super simple home decor piece. I got the paper mache birds in the dollar bin at Micheal's. Just by chance, that same evening I was cutting flowers on my cricut out of old dictionary paper. I decided to add the scraps to a glass jar and this the was the result...


Super cute! But I wanted to add a little pizazz to the piece. I made my first purchase of Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist with the intent to mist some more vintage dictionary paper and glue it to Styrofoam balls. 



When I added them to the jar I was disappointed. Not only were the colors not right, but I found that Glimmer Mist didn't take very well to the dictionary paper. 



It was back to the drawing board. This other home decor piece was what resulted from my second attempt at displaying the glimmered-Styrofoam balls.





I am not sure how I really feel about it just yet. But I am happy that my first Glimmer Mist project didn't end up in the trash...

Thanks for looking!
Reness

No comments:

Post a Comment